ALIGNMENT TROUBLE SHOOTING
Reliable air Clutch/Brake operation requires proper alignment. Proper installation needs to ensure both Parallel (concentricity) and Angular Alignment of the Clutch/Brake Ring (Housing) to the shaft.
* Brakes are more sensitive to Angular Misalignment
* Clutches are more sensitive to Parallel Misalignment
Call a Torque Inc. application engineer to assist your inspect your Clutch/Brake Alignment. Torque Inc. has the experience and expertise to ensure optimum operation of your Clutches and Brakes.
Checking the alignment of a Clutch/Brake requires the use of a Dial Indicator and Magnetic Base. In addition, the ability to rotate the shaft while Ring/Housing is held in place is required.
* Mount base to hub or shaft, Indicator Tip machined face (OD of friction area on Back Plate or face of Ring). While rotating shaft note the TIR (Total Indicator Reading) for full 360 degree sweep.
* Mount base to hub or shaft, Indicator Tip machined face (ID of Ring). While rotating shaft note the TIR (Total Indicator Reading) for full 360 degree sweep.
Below is a link to the Wichita Alignment Instructions, for details:
ABOUT TORQUE INC:
Torque Inc. has represented Wichita Clutch for 60 years and continues to provide Heavy Duty Clutches/Brakes to the Metal Forming, Coil Processing, Converting, Printing, Marine, Mining and other heavy industries. Our staff of expert application engineers and professional customer service representatives is available to support you with:
- Technical Support
- New Application Engineering
- Retrofit Engineering
- Genuine Parts from our Extensive Inventory
- Clutch/Brake Rebuild Service
- New Units from our Extensive Inventory